Demonstrate your strategic international HR leadership with the Senior Professional in Human Resources – International™ (SPHRi™) from HR Certification Institute (HRCI). The SPHRi (formerly the Human Resources Management Professional™ or HRMP™), for internationally based HR leaders, validates senior-level HR competency and mastery of generally accepted HR principles in strategy, policy development and service delivery in a single international setting.
To be eligible for the SPHRi you must meet one of the following conditions for education and experience*:
- Have at least four years of experience in a professional-level HR position + a master’s degree or global equivalent,
- Have at least five years of experience in a professional-level HR position + a bachelor’s degree or global equivalent, OR
- a minimum of seven years of experience in a professional-level HR position + a high school diploma or global equivalent.
* The SPHRi requires documented knowledge of local employment laws.
Exam Format & Fee?
- Exam time: 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- Exam length: 105 scored questions (mostly multiple-choice) + 25 pretest questions
- Language: English (Spanish Translation Aid available)
- Computer-based exam at a Pearson VUE testing center
Exam Fee*: $495 + Application Fee: $100
*Once an exam application is approved, no refunds will be made whether a candidate withdraws or no longer wishes to take the exam.
To make certification more accessible worldwide, HRCI offers a global allowance for the PHRi/SPHRi exam which provides the exam at a reduced fee. Applicants who live in low-income, lower middle-income, and upper middle-income economies as defined on the World Bank Country and Lending Group list will pay a reduced exam fee of $200 USD/ $300 USD.
Review the SPHRi Exam Content Outline for details.
When Can I Take the Exam?
Testing for the SPHRi is available year-round, subject to test center availablity.
How Do I Remain Certified?
Your SPHRi certification is valid for three years after testing. To maintain your SPHRi credential, you must earn 60 recertification credits over a three-year time span. Of the 60 recertification credits required, 15 must be Business Management & Strategy credits. Learn more about HRCI recertification requirements.